Monday 18 June 2012

The Omg AGAIN?

OK. So here it is.
Somewhere in my silly brain I decided to do a cooking blog.
Why?
Because I could.
Did I think about all the other things I had planned?
NO!
Like looking after my grandson?
No! (Best thing I have ever done I have to say!!!!)

Did I think about not having a Kitchen?
No!
So that is what will happen in the near future. Yes you read right.
I will have no kitchen to cook in!!!!

This is very exciting for me but I then forgot about my Blog!
So stay tuned because Caravan cooking will come to the fore. This I know how to do. After 7 years I would hope so.

Back to this week's recipe's.

June 11
Banga's and Mash 

Well! Do any of us need a recipe for this?

If so, let me know.

June 12

Keen's Chicken Curry

2 tbsp oil
2         medium onions. diced
4         cloves of garlic finely sliced (I used the crusher)
2cm    knob of ginger finely chopped
1         small chilli finely chopped
2 tbsp  Keen's curry powder,
1 tsp    ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1 x 400g diced tomatoes
1x 270ml can coconut cream
1kg       Chicken fillet diced ( Thigh or breast)

Heat oil over a medium heat then add the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli. Saute approx 6-8 min or until onions are soft .Add curry powder. coriander, cumin, paprika & turmeric & cook for a further 2-3 min. (Add some liquid if sticking to the bottom. A slurp of the wine that you are drinking????? No to good to waste Chicken stock or water are just as good)
Stir through tomatoes, coconut cream & chicken then simmer on low for 20 mins ot until chicken is  just cooked.
Serve with rice, yogart & fresh coriander.
This was yummy

June 13

Castolett D'Agnello
(Ref Good taste mag,)


Serves    4

12     Lamb cutlets
1tbs  Olive oil
1       Red onion, thinely sliced
400g can diced tonatoes
250g Tuscan Antipasto mix (You can buy this at your local supermarket or do what I did. Look in the fridge. I had semmi dried tomatioes , mixed olives & char grilled capsicnas so I used this insted.)
Fresh continetal parsley to serve.


Heat oil in fry pan over high heat.Cook half the lamb for 2-3 mineach side of until your likeing. Transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining lamb.
Redu & ance heat to meduim. Cook oinion, stirring, for 5 min or until soft. Add the tomato & antipasto & cook, stirring occaionally for 3 mins or until heated through. Returne lamb to pan & cook for 2 min or until heated through. Sprinkle with paesley to serve.


June 14

Sweet potato cannelloni with garlic bechamel
(Ref Good taste mag)

Although this sounded good we found it a bit dry. I will reinvent this at a latter date but if you want the recipee either contact me or log on to www.goodtaste.com.au

June 15

Mexican Pizza

Surly you know how to do this?

If not ask.

June 16

Scrambled eggs

Well I told you how to do this last night, we all make mistakes?


No comments:

Post a Comment