Friday 6 July 2012

Have I really not posted for 3 weeks?

Ok! I'm Sorry, but considering that I am not working I Honestly don't know how I found the time to work full time? So I  told you about not having a kitchen, what I negelected to tell you was that my partner was having an operation on his arm.
Left Arm.
Yes you guessed, he is a south paw.(Left handed for those that don't know what a south paw is.)
So what to cook for a 1 armed bandit (that bandit, by the way, seems to be taking full advantage, but he is armless !? Oh Boy, I can't believe that I just did that old joke!!!!!!)

But I guess that I had better go to the week that I missed?

June 18

Chicken breast stuffed with triple brie and cranberry sauce.

How easy is this, don't buy from your local chicken shop.

Buy chicken breast for the amount of people

Slit the breast at the fat end (you will feel the knife and know when to stop)

Then stuff?
Istarted with cranberry sauce the Bri and so on. You know when it is full!

YUMO

June 19

Steak with Cauliflower & Butter bean Gratin (Ref. EverydayGourmet

250g Pancetta, cut into 1cm cubes
1 large head of cauliflower cut into florets
1 can of butter beans
2 handfulls of fresh bread crumbs
3 cloves of garlic, minced
4 sprigs of thyme, disscard stalks
150g grated parmesan
150g grated chedder

Bechamle sauce
As I have explained in an earlier blog on ho to do this I think I will save time.

Cook cauliflower until just tender.
Combine breadcrumbs with thyme, garlic & cheese's.

Pre heat oven  to 180c - 200c depending on your oven
In Grease bakin dish, arrange  cauliflower & drain butter beans ( I just scattered the beans)
Pour over Bechamel sauce then top with breadcrumbs and cheese

Place in oven for 30 min or until breadcrumbs are golden.

June 20

Beef Rendang with Nasi Lemak

Nasi Lemak

2 cups Basmti rice
1 cup coconut cream
1 1/2 cups water
2 pandan leaves (I used lime leaves)

Place rice, coconut,water, & leaves with a big pinch of salt in a pot with lid & cook on meduim to low heat until rice has absorbed all liquard. don't forget to stir!

Beef Rendang

500g diced beef
270ml coconut cream
120ml water
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp slt
1/2 cup desicatated coconut
4 Kaffir lime leaves
1 jar AYAM rendang paste
1 brown onion
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 1/2 tbls veg oil.
2tbls thick soy sauce

Place beef, water, half can of coconut cream, cinnamon stick & salt in a heavy based pan & bring to a simmer, the put the lid on but slightly ajar & simmer for 2 hours.

Meanwhile, toast desicated coconut until golden.
Ground onoin & garlic to a paste. (Food processor or Mortat & Pestle)
In another pan fry onoin & garlic until fragrant then add Rendang paste. Cook for a further 2 min.

At the end of the 2 hours, add the rendang & remaining onoin paste to the beef & stir to combine. Add remaining coconut cream, kaffir lime leaves & Soy. Simmer for 30 min or until very tender. Add dessicated coconut.
Serve with rice.

June 21

Braised Lamb chops
(Family Fav)

This is a hard one to give the recipe for as I use Great Grandma's home made sauce. Yes some of you may know it. Depending on who made it in the family it may come in Johnny Walker, Gordon's Gin or Brandy bottles. Mine comes in Gordons, curisy of my mum. She drinks the Gordons and then we make the sauce!!!!
You could also use a very nice relish of chutney for this but add a bit mor liquard.

1 big brown oinin diced or 2 meduim to smallish
1 clove garlic crushed or maybe 2
a very good splash of sauce
a very good splash of worcestershire sauce
What ever herbs you choose (I put oregano and thyme)
Add liquard to cover. This could be water stock or wine. I used beef stock because that is what I had!
Plain flour
Lamb chops. Now this is beautiful with loin chops but as chump was cheaper this week I used them.
Salt & Pepper to taste

Lightly fry onion & garlic in heavy based Cassarol dish
Flour & season chops and add onion to brown. Remove from heat add the rest of the ingrediants and place in oven 160 for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is very tender.

This is a great dish on a cold wet night with mashed spud and whatever else you whish to serve it with.

June 22

Roast Lamb with Red Wine Gravy

Gravy

Place meat to reast with foil over the top.

As this gravy is usally used with beef you may need to use a milder stock. Vegi or chicken.

In the pan that roast has been cooked in sprinkle plain flour until all juices have been soaked up. Add a bit more of any herbs that you ahve used if any. Slowly add a small bit of stock stiring all the time, until no lumps and repeat,  add stock bit by bit until you have gravy to the constancy th at you like.

I loved this milder flavour with lamb, it was somthing differant.

June 23

Cheese Kransky

Buy at your local deli but get good ones?





No comments:

Post a Comment